- Births, Deaths, Marriages and Civil Partnerships
- Clubs and societies
- Community advice
- Communities first
- Crime Prevention
- Flintshire Connects
- Funerals, Cremations and Bereavement
- Equality and diversity
- Flintshire Community Safety Partnership
- Support groups
- Tell Us Once
- Voluntary organisations
- Welsh language
- Youth support
- You are here:
- Interactive mapping
We are currently experiencing some issues with our Interactive Mapping software. We apologise for any inconvenience and we are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
The Flintshire Interactive Mapping system presents a range of local authority data 'themes' e.g. high schools, council offices, dentists and point of interest locations. If you are familiar with web-based mapping applications or have used this service before you can start using Interactive Mapping:
- view Interactive Mapping (opening in new window)
For a guide to using Interactive Mapping please select from the following options:
- What is Interactive Mapping?
- What type of information is available?
- Guide to using Interactive Mapping
- Are there any issue with Interactive Mapping?
- Terms and Conditions
It can be regarded as the computer-based equivalent of a map but an important difference is that it is interactive allowing users to move around the maps and query certain layers of mapped information presented. Interactive Mapping enables you to access Ordnance Survey (OS) and mapped data layers provided by a number of Flintshire County Council service areas. These sets of data are known as themes.
Various themes are available and are categorised under headings such as 'Advice and Benefits' and Business. Examples are:
- Council Offices
- High Schools
- Railway Stations
- Youth Clubs
- Swimming Baths
- Leisure Centres
- Special Schools
- Tourist Information
If you feel that the addresses or data represented on Interactive Mapping are wrong or require updating please contact the Local Land and Property Gazetteer Team email@example.com
- Enter the postcode, place name or address and select search. You will be shown a list of results, clicking on a result will update the map identifying your chosen address.
- You can view your recently viewed searches by selecting this option
- Select 'Find My Nearest' to view map information near to the address you have selected. (see fig1)
- Clicking on a category will show the themes available within it, you can turn a category on or off by selecting the check box. The map will update depending on your choices. You can identify themes by the symbol associated in the Map Legend. Please note that if you turn on multiple themes, the presentation of the maps may become slower.
- Zoom in or out by using the slider controls. Alternatively you can right-click your mouse when hovering over the map and select zoom in zoom out
- You can pan left, right, up or down by selecting the arrow buttons. Alternatively you can hover anywhere on the map and left-click your mouse and drag the map in any direction.
Flintshire County Council is aware of web site accessibility limitations for users with visual impairment or other conditions. The nature of interactive mapping (graphics and colours used) currently means that making this area fully accessible is not possible. However we will work to ensure all information is accessible.
|Accessible text-based locational information|
|Council office locations|
|Council tax valuation list|
|Paying the council|
|Sports, clubs and centres|
|Recycling, rubbish and waste|
|Tourism and travel|
|Community centre and facilities|
Please raise any accessibility questions, concerns, or suggestions about the Flintshire County Council web site by completing our feedback form