Compliments, Concerns and Complaints

How to log a Compliment, Concern or Complaint

Compliments, comments and complaints from you, our customer, helps us to improve our services now and in the future.  Flintshire County Council has a dedicated Customer Services Team who can deal with your enquiry and monitor it from start to finish.

Information about Social Services complaints.

If you wish to contact us you can either: 

Submit a concern or complaint online 

Email us:

Complete a Compliment, Comment and Complaint form 

Write to us:
Flintshire County Council
Customer Service Team
County Hall

Telephone us:   01352 703020

Our complaints procedure - What to expect
To make a complaint about a council service or if you believe the Council has failed to provide an equal service in Welsh and complied with the Welsh Language Standards follow these simple steps:

Step 1

Contact the service you have been dealing with or the Customer Services Team.  Your complaint will be  recorded on a central database and if it is not possible to resolve the matter immediately it will be acknowledged  within 5 working days.  The service will aim to provide a full response to you within 10 working days from receipt of your complaint.  If your complaint relates to the Council’s non-compliance with Welsh Language Standards then our Strategic Policy Advisor will also be informed.

Step 2

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the service, contact the Customer Services Team who will ensure that your complaint is considered by a senior officer within the service or the Corporate Complaints Officer.  We aim to resolve Step 2 complaints within 20 working days from receipt but if your complaint is more complex, we will let you know within this time why we think it may take longer to consider.

All employees who deal with complaints receive training to ensure they are aware of our commitments under the Welsh Language Standards. 

Contacting the Ombudsman
If you feel that the Council has failed to address or resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you can contact The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, Bridgend, CF35 5LJ .

Ombudsman Contact Us page.

Please be aware that the Ombudsman must be satisfied that you have completed each step of our Complaints Procedure.   If you require a full copy of our Compliments, Concerns and Complaints policy then please email

Contacting the Welsh Language Commissioner
If you feel that the Council has failed to deliver a service equally in Welsh then you can complain directly to the Welsh Language Commissioner by telephone 0845 6033 221 or submit a complaint through their website



Making a claim against Flintshire County Council
In the event of anyone wishing to submit an Employers Liability or Public Liability compensation claim against Flintshire County Council through the claims portal electronic process, the Claims Handlers for the Council's Liability Insurers are:

Gallagher Bassett
Policy number:  21005326
Portal compensator ID:  D00019

Anyone wishing to submit a claim for compensation against Flintshire County Council in person should contact the Insurance Section in County Hall, Mold, Flintshire CH7 6NA on 01352 702242 or 01352 702256.


For Employers Liability claims where the incident date is from the 1 October, 2014 the Insurer is:
Zurich Municipal
Policy number: QLA04U011-0023
Portal compensator ID: C00108