What is free school meals policy?
Free school meals will be provided for pupils whose parents receive:
- Income Support,
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance,
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999,
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance,
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190,
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit,
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit or Universal Credit.
- Universal credit(If earned income is included in the assessment of UC it must be less than £616.66)
Why is it important to apply?
If you are eligible to receive free school meals it is very important to your child’s school that you apply. The school can access funding for children who qualify for free school meals that will allow them to provide targeted support programs, buy equipment and resources etc.
If your child prefers to take a packed lunch or make other arrangements it is still important to register for free school meals so the school can access funding.
How do I apply?
You must complete an online form to apply for free school meals.