Latest News

Flintshire working together to safeguard our children and vulnerable residents

Published: 08/07/2020

‘Safeguarding is everybody’s business’ and we all need to be looking after each other at this difficult time more than ever.

Safeguarding is about protecting vulnerable children and adults from abuse and neglect and ensuring their wellbeing. Making sure people are supported to live full and happy lives is also an important part of safeguarding.

Flintshire County Council Champions of Corporate Safeguarding, Councillors Christine Jones and Billy Mullin, said:

“It is important that we all have greater awareness of the issues and protect children and adults at risk. Our key message is “See Something- Say Something. We all need to be able to recognise the signs and know how to report them.”

If you see something that doesn’t look or seem right, it probably isn’t and YOU could make a huge difference to another person’s well-being.

We have had countless examples of “good deeds” during the current situation.  Not least one of our drivers who delivers food parcels to vulnerable residents.  He noticed the food parcel from the week before was still on the doorstep.  Upon checking, he found the elderly resident was not coping well and called to get help and support for him.  He also went immediately to the nearest pharmacy to collect his urgently needed medication.  If this driver had not acted on his instincts, the resident could still be in a dire situation.

If you have concerns or suspicions about a child in Flintshire being harmed, a family needing support or an adult who is at risk, please phone:

•       01352 701000 to report concerns about children

•       03000 858858 to report concerns about adults

Flintshire Youth Justice Service and Flintshire Sorted offices are currently closed but if you need to speak to someone please call 01352 701125 and leave a message and someone will get back to you.

Alternatively, outside regular office hours, please phone the Duty Social Worker on: 0345 0533116.

Child Protection referrals or queries can be emailed to

Adult Protection referrals or queries can be emailed to

Please remember that in all cases if your query is a police matter call 101 for non-urgent enquiries or if the matter is urgent please contact 999.

We want to reassure you that our child and adult protection services are continuing and we are relying on professionals and the public to report any concerns they may have about children, families and adults at risk.